Superchips Jammer CAI
97-06 4.0 Motors
Information on Jammer CAI
The Jammer intake system for the TJ Wrangler adds 8hp and 12lb-ft of torque. The kit outflows the factory intake by 97%! This air intake system features a washable/reusable conical air filter that improves airflow for increased horsepower and torque. The Jammer kit includes a one-piece heat shield that requires no assembly and the filter is constructed with 100% polyurethane for long life and multiple cleaning cycles.
Comes with 1-year warranty from EGT to intake filter
$299.95 on superchips.com
Install Time & Install Difficulty
Install Time- 45 min to 2 hours
Install Difficulty 1 of 5 Wrenches (5 being hardest)
What Comes In Kit
• Air Filter
• Intake Tube
• Coupling Hump
• Coupling Straight
• Mini Clamp #008 (2)
• Clamp #048 (2)
• Clamp #052 (2)
• M6 Hex Screws (2)
• M6 Wavy Washers (2)
• M6 Hex Nuts (2)
• ¼ Fender Washers (4)
• Rubber Grommet Trim
• ½ Cap
• 12” Fuel Hose (Breather Hose)
**Only use ¼ socket set to help prevent overtightening of parts**
• ¼ Socket Wratchet Wrench
• ¼ Socket Extension
• 8mm Socket
• 10mm Socket
• 13mm Socket
• Flat Head Screwdriver
• 10mm Wrench
• Razor Blade
• Favorite Cold Beverage
Remove negative cable on battery
• Open hood and prop hood with hood prop. It’s easiest to open hood all the way back, place folded towel and windshield channel and let hood rest folded back.
• Check for (–) sign on battery but 99% of time it’s the black cable going to battery.
• Use ¼ socket wrench and 10mm socket to remove.
• Once removed, place negative cable away from positive side cable and let rest on a folded towel.
Remove factory intake tube
• Remove temp sensor if your Jeep is equipped. Push in on harness adapter then pull towards you with light force disconnecting the harness from temp sensor. At this time don’t remove temp sensor from intake.
• Loosen all clamps on intake tube using flat head screwdriver.
• Once clamps are loosened, remove intake tube and cover throttle body with clean towel.
Remove factory air box
• Remove vent hose.
• Open air box by flipping back the 5 clamps.
• Remove the filter and under filter, there are 8mm bolts to remove. (Instructions say 10mm). Use ¼ socket wrench, socket extension, and 8mm/10mm socket to move upper filter side. Look in the upper inner fender and you will see the 3 nuts that attach to these bolts. Use 8mm/10mm wrench to hold nut in place while removing filter side bolts.
Your factory intake should now be removed!
Remove strut rod on the passenger side of Jeep
• Use ¼ socket wrench and 13mm bolt to remove.
• Once removed slide on the supplied rubber grommet that comes in the Superchips Jammer CAI kit.
Install Jammer CAI air box
• Remove upper radiator bolt using ¼ socket wrench, extension and 10mm socket to remove. Keep bolt to side as you will be reusing.
• Slide strut bar through back hole of air box, sit air box where factory air box was, and tighten down firewall side of strut bar using ¼ socket wrench and 13mm socket.
• Line up air box to factory holes and loosely fit the upper radiator bolt and lower 3 bolts.
• Once everything is loosely fit, tighten down upper radiator bolt, then strut bar, then the 3 lower bolts using the supplied bolt, washers and nuts.
• Radiator bolt 10mm socket. Strut bar 13mm. Lower air box 10mm socket and wrench.
Install Jammer CAI Intake Tube and Filter
• Slide 2 clamps onto each side of intake.
• Install “straight” coupler onto throttle body side of intake and “” onto air box side of intake.
• Install intake tube into air box side first them remove towel off throttle body and slide intake tube into place. Once intake tube is adjusted and fit properly into place, tighten clamps using flat head screwdriver. DON’T USE SOCKET-DON’T OVER TIGHTEN.
• Reinstall new provided vent hose into place, remove hose, cut access length off, slide provided clamps onto hose, then reinstall using flat head or Philips screwdriver and tighten down. DON’T USE SOCKET-DON’T OVER TIGHTEN.
• Slide last provided clamp onto Jammer CAI intake filter then slide into place on air box and tighten with flat head screwdriver.
• Install provided Jammer CAI information sticker in a noticeable area on air box. Without the sticker, most inspection places won’t pass you without it.
SKIP THIS STEP IF YOU DON’T HAVE AIR TEMP SENSOR
• Remove air temp sensor cap on the intake and twist off your air temp sensor from old intake tube and slide through grommet where cap was. Hold back of intake tube to keep from over forcing air temp sensor into place. I do recommend replacing the worn out air temp sensor with new. New runs about $11 from any auto store so it not anything overly expensive.
Congratulations!!!! Your new Superchips Jammer CAI Intake is now installed!
Look over your work and make sure all clamps, bolts and hardware are tightened down, remove towel under negative cable, and properly install negative cable using ¼ socket wrench and 10mm socket. After 100-200 miles check all hardware making sure nothing has come loose!